Saturday, April 7, 2012

All for His Glory

1 Timothy 1:16 But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life (ESV)

When I was reading this morning this verse spoke very clearly to me. Paul, a man who was forgiven for much, is someone I can relate to on a very personal level. Sometimes I wonder why would God choose to save me, to show me the light, remove the blinders from my eyes. When so many others are lost, bound by chains and living a life of hopeless regret. Then I am reminded, have I not just made this all about me in asking this? I let my self pity turn into pride instead of letting Gods mercy turn into an unconditional love for him. Paul, a former persecutor of the church, a sinner, of whom is referred to as the foremost, saved by the mercy and grace of God…and for what? That Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. I was saved by Christ, an unworthy narcissist. Not to walk in honor of self, as a chosen one, but to honor the one I was chosen by. All for his glory! If this fundamental truth is missed, then we have missed the faith. To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. Through the testimony of my life, God would will that his saving power would bring him all the glory. I find myself struggling with the capacity God has given to man. More so struggling with prideful thoughts, in turn holding back from ministering for the Lord in fear that my motives might not be pure. “You love say you love me, yet you are not over yourself. You don’t get it. It’s not about you! Put yourself aside and let me do the work, the words come from me anyway.” Then I was given this scripture. Psalm 67:1-2 May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all the nations. This is what its all about. Oh that God would make his face shine upon us, that someone might see Christ in us and come to know him. What rest I have found in this, I have seen God able to use me now for his glory. John said it, “He must increase, but I must decrease.” And that’s what it is, taking this perspective I have seen God do a work in me right before my eyes. His desires are becoming my desires, my story has become his story. Oh that someone would see Christ in me and find eternal life.

Application:

I am seeing the power of prayer in my life. Today I will pray for meekness and ask God to bring someone in my path that I could minister to. Knowing this requires an action on my part, that he will give the words as long as I give him the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment