Saturday, April 13, 2013

Are you Living Like an Orphan?

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you (ESV)

    Oh that we would not mistake this statement for that of the second coming. Believer…Jesus is back! He has left us and come again in the form of His promised Spirit. Are you living like an Orphan? Awaiting the second coming and numb to the present indwelling Spirit of Christ. He left us that he might come to make His home in us. “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him” (John 14:23). Jesus has not left His children, for He is with us now! To the world, they no longer see him, for their perception is that of the physical realm. But for us believers, we live not by sight but by faith. A belief that when Jesus said it was to the advantage of His believers He go, that they might receive the Helper (John 16:7), He truly meant it.
    
    I write this in hopes of stirring up your present faith. Jesus has promised us life, and it is through His current state of living that we might find this promise. “Because I live, you also will live” (John 14:19). When you come to Jesus, where do you go looking for Him. Are you guilty of going to the tomb as I have? For we both know there He will not be found. But yet still I approach His throne expecting no encounter, expecting no interaction, fellowship or communion. It is as if I believe He is still in the tomb, yet we are instructed the living will not be found among the dead (Luke 24:5). It is time I get out of the tomb. It is time I quit wandering around aimlessly like an orphan. For I am an adopted child of the Living God. When I come to Him, I have aim. My aim is the fellowship obtainable through the risen Savior. I must expect an encounter, I must expect intimacy, relationship, fellowship and communion. It is only then will I find Christ, when I approach him as that of the living.

    What confidence we should have as children to approach His throne in boldness, and yet what fear we should walk in knowing that we don’t deserve such an invitation. What reverence we should have for the Holy One who has made it all possible. What joy this should fill us with, “Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!” (Psalm 32:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment