Thursday, June 14, 2012

Please Do...

Philippians 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or questioning (ESV)

    I think this verse is pretty straightforward in what is being said. But with that being said, it also seems to be one of the hardest things to actually do. How convicting this verse is. I know for me its one thing that I know, but yet my heart is so hard to it. For some reason I seem to forget that fairness died in the garden. I seem to forget that as a follower of Christ I have surrendered my rights. Its funny, although I tend to grumble, I know the hardness of my heart and for a moment it feels satisfying to stay bitter. But at the end of the day it is a miserable, sad and lonely existence. Its not until I think back to an eternal perspective that I am able to laugh it off. When I am reminded how small one event is compared to the eternal scope we are born into, I cant help but laugh at the condition of my heart. That I would really allow something so small as piling into one van with eight people that I have spent the last half a year with. Well that's a long time right? Not really, not considering the length of my time on earth compared to eternity. If eternity were a one hour show, it would be as if my life was a millisecond of that hour show. Even then I don’t know if it would be possible to find a number small enough to calculate my time on earth compared to eternity.
    But when I think of it like that, who am I to complain about such a minute thing. Like how come this person didn’t do there dish, or why did they not clean up their mess. Its not a matter of right and wrong, but its the fact that life isn't fair. And within that we have no right to complain because we are simply stewards of Gods creation. “For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God” (Hebrews 3:4). All that we are entrusted with comes from God, so we should treat it with the utmost respect. So when I see someone doing something wrong by all means, “let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her” (John 8:7). I am so quick to judge and be the one on the front line, ready to throw the first stone. But when it comes down to it who can be left standing without sin. Just as Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him, no one is worthy to throw the stone. So we forgive, we forget, we love and life goes on.

Application:
I need to apologize to certain house mates, although by my actions I have not done wrong, the condition of my heart is one that has put down and judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment