Thursday, June 14, 2012

What do you Have to Show for Your God!

Philippians 2:15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world (ESV)

    If this verse could be more prevalent in any certain time I think it would be more so now then ever. Especially considering your status an American. A country founded on biblical principles, with a constitutional foundation centered around God. But God has been removed from the picture, and corruption has entered. The freedom of our governmental structure was meant to have a people with Godly morals and values in place. Authority that would seek Gods direction and guidance, there are many biblical ideas that lie within our constitutional documents. But because of the fact fallen man has been placed in authority, to rule and govern, corruption has made its way in. Taking all of this into consideration its no wander America has gotten to the point that its at today. Even though we have come to the point we have come to, we should not let it discourage us. Knowing that as an American we stand upon a foundation that was built around and centered upon the word of God, we need to be on the offense.
    We have taken the defense and shied back in our faith. Today in America if you’re a Christian chances are your probably not living much different then the rest of society. Even if you are living different, there’s probably not much that your doing to let others know of your faith. We have slacked in our devotions, we are relaxed in our faith and mock the grace of God in our actions. I’m sad to call myself an American because of this reason. Although I recognize there are many God fearing Americans who love the Lord and glorify his name in all they do. But I fell into the category of one who would look no different then someone who wasn’t serving the Lord. It was even to the point that someone who clearly wasn’t saved was living more of a Godly life then I was. Now I am not going to get to into to it, for surely I do believe that we are saved by faith not by works. Although faith without works is dead, and it’s a balance that when missed is a ugly site. Frankly I was ashamed to call myself a Christian but yet not be living a life that showed I was.
    So the point I am making is as Christians we need to get back on the offense. Start being bold about our faith, living it out for all to see. Knowing the rights we truly have, that are in accordance to the constitution of the United States. Being that we have this foundation to stand on, we also have the foundation of the bible. Where we find biblical truths to form a biblical worldview and perspective. Today I can truly say I have allowed the bible to shape and mold my worldview. I run my life through a filter, the inherent word of God. This has given me a confidence to believe what I believe. The more I learn about God, his character nature and creation, the more I am learning about myself. Being that man is made in the image of God. As I learn more about Gods meaning for creation, I find purpose for my life. I know that bringing glory to God is where I find true significance, purpose, meaning, and vision for my life. The more I learn about the foundation I stand upon the more confidence I gain. Along with an empowerment of the spirit, I gain boldness, power authority and clarity of the scriptures, Just as Peter in Acts 2 after he had received the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. It is now and only now that I am beginning to understand the things are crucial to they way I live my life. Its when I grasp a better understanding, and begin to apply the word of God and the truth within that I have been able to become a light.


No comments:

Post a Comment