Monday, May 7, 2012

What about the Children?

Matthew 18:5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me” (ESV)

    What a powerful verse. I know I have been guilty as writing the children off as not important. Although God is radically changing my view on that, and I think this verse about sums it up for me. To receive a child in Jesus’ name is to receive Christ himself. This is a very clear illustration of the heart of Christ. It would be like me to think differently then Christ, that is in my flesh anyways. I know the children’s ministry in the church has never been an area I have asked Christ to speak to me on. Its not that he hasn’t, its that I have never allowed him. Being that the ministry I am serving under has a heart for the children, for the youth of this generation, has allowed me to open my eyes and heart to the need of the young ones. My ministry to walk in for the next six months is specifically targeted towards the youth of Africa. I have really came into this experience with an open mind and God has given me a real heart to extend my soul to the children.  As I have allowed this work to take place, its truly been a blessing.

Application:

Today I will take time to pray specifically for the children’s ministry and the kids we will minister to.

No comments:

Post a Comment