Friday, March 23, 2012

That couldn't be God...

Matthew 11:3 and said to him, “Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?” (ESV)

How many times do we see a miracle of God right before our eyes and then question whether it was God or not. It’s the same for John, he hears of the miracles Jesus has been performing yet he was still wandering if he was the Messiah. I think often times we tend to over analyze a situation instead of excepting the clear and obvious facts. What does God have to do to get our attention. He is constantly doing miracles in front us and yet we are saying, “no that couldn’t be God.” We become critical of it, turning to what we know for the answer, the laws of the earth. If we don’t think it could happen, then we say there is no way it did, and if we choose to accept it did, then it definitely wasn’t God. That would be to obvious for it to be God, there has to be more to it. I say this and laugh thinking about it but its true. Sometimes I know that the simple things I take for granted, over complicating them and talking the hand of God out of them. I cant speak for John, but if I got report from those who I trusted that Jesus had been performing the miracles he did I would have to associate it to one thing, the Messiah himself. God was at work, doing something greater then what any human could do. I see works done daily through people that I know can only be explained by God. But for whatever reason I still ask, “was that you God?” Now don’t get me wrong, we need to be testing spirits and staying in a right understanding of who God is and his work at hand. But if we know his word, we would know who to accredit our good works to, “every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”

Application:

Today I will look for things in my life and the lives of those around me and thank God for the work he is faithfully doing through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment