Monday, January 23, 2012

More Blessed to Give

Acts 2:45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. (ESV)

Faith put into action. It seems to me these early church believers understand Gods calling as well as practical stewardship of the many blessings we have. I know for me, I'm not selling my possessions unless i am sold out and on fire for God. I think this shows us the power of the Holy Spirit. A work in lives that must be supernatural. I can testify to this Holy Ghost power. My life was surrounded by material things. Money was my God and i went to new lengths to get it. I put all that I was into the things I owned and in turn i was stuck in a life style of self-destruction. I asked God to change my desires to give me a heart like his. Slowly I watched God change my desires, those material things lost their taste, what was once sweet now is bitter. God showed me the real value of the things I own. And what a blessing it is to give those things to those who are in need. Jesus himself said "It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).


Application:
I will place my treasures in eternal things, serving others, then my heart will follow. "For where your treasure is there your heart will also be" (Matthew 6:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment