Monday, January 23, 2012

Our God Saves

Mark 8:35 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it (ESV)

This verse has always spoke to me. One thing comes to mind when i read this. Where is your trust? In the things of this world or in Gods word. My whole life i searched for security in the world. I always thought if I could start a career and savings, then I would have found stability in life. Then I could give the rest over to God, but I was not willing to give up the American dream. In the pursuit of saving my life I almost lost it. Living a self destructive life style in a flawed reality of thinking I was becoming somebody. The most freeing day of my life was when reality finally hit. I laid my life down and gave Jesus complete control. Some would say I was crazy, some still think I am, but to lay my life down was the only thing that saved me. God saved me. My life has never been the same the day I realized God, and God alone saves the lost and brokenhearted.

Application:
Losing my life is something I must do daily. In order to carry this out i will set aside enough time daily to read the corresponding proverb of the days date for the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment