Monday, January 23, 2012

Mans Heart, Who Can Understand It?

Acts 2:46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking  bread in their home, they received their food with glad and generous hearts (ESV)

Fellowship. What is fellowship? To me fellowship is the building up of one another through Christ centered activities. I think here in vs 46 is an example of fellowship being carried out. In return they receive their food with glad and generous hearts. I wonder why Paul added that to the end of this verse. Paul lists the condition of the heart as a vital component to fellowship. In the case of breaking bread their condition was gladness and generosity. This verse ministered to me because often times I will find my heart is not with me. I can be present and in communication with someone yet my heart is disconnected. I think of Proverbs 23:7 "For he is like one who is inwardly calculating. "Eat and drink" he says to you, but his heart is not with you." God has really convicted and prompted me to put my heart into all I do.


Application:
Today at meals I will pay attention to the condition of my heart. I think prayerfully think before I answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment