Sunday, January 29, 2012

Walking in Alignment

I Corinthians 12:4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same spirit (ESV)

I wonder why Paul hits on this point so strongly through out chapter 12. If we look at this chapter as a whole, in the bigger picture I think Paul mentions that all gifts come from the same spirit because if we can understand that, then naturally unity would occur as each believer exercises their gift in the body. We need to understand, we do not use the gift God has given us to glorify ourselves as better than one another. But instead as each gift is exercised through the same spirit, then the body or the church will see a reverence and unity about it. One that would not occur if our spiritual gifts were being used outside of the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Even in the misuse God is still the one who has granted us the ability to carry that out. Its when we recognize where our gifts come from, all varieties of gifts, empowered by the same God, then we find the unity of one body with many members in it.

Application:

Today I will ask God to empower me with his Holy Spirit, as I carry out the gifts he has poured into me. Then as I act on those gifts, I will look to the God for guidance, but in the end act in faith that my actions are in alignment with Gods will for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment