Monday, January 23, 2012

Prisoner for the Lord

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called (ESV)

 Paul wrote Ephesians during his imprisonment in Rome. Paul saw prison as his mission field, he did not dwell on the fact that he had been imprisoned for the sake of Christ. But he rejoiced in this fact. Paul's faithfulness to Gods calling, the call to be a witness in all nations (Acts 1:8), allowed God to use Paul's situation for his glory. I feel Paul is saying to honor God (in a manner worthy) by being obedient no matter what the surrounding circumstances might be. Instead of letting our fears, circumstances, relationships rule our willingness to serve God, live up to whatever he has called you to. Even if that means while in prison, find Gods calling in that. Where do we find his calling? In his word. I think also for Paul to say this while in imprisonment, tells me not to fear persecution, whats the worst that could happen? God might use me in a bigger way then before. Just as Paul going to prison furthered his ministry to all nations.


Application:
I will find Gods calling for my life at any given time, regardless the circumstance. By searching in his word the very things he has called me to. To be a witness everywhere i go regardless of what persecution may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment