Monday, January 23, 2012

Unashamed of the Gospel

Mark 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels (ESV)

This verse was really convicting to me. Since i have been saved, sharing my faith with people I know aren't believers has been difficult. I hardly ever would do it. I found myself conforming to the group of people I was around whether at work or with family. My actions were hypocritical to my belief and some of the time I would see ungodly men being more of a witness then me. The fact is I don't want to be ashamed about God living in me. Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind." I want to be overflowing with his love, so much that I can't hold back from telling people about him. The last thing I want is for Jesus to be ashamed at me for my lack of acknowledging him to all. I know the task of sharing Christ's love is only something found through him. My flesh wants nothing to do with the unsaved. But I ask God to give me a desire to share him to whoever he leads me to.

Application: 
God really laid it on my heart to share to a non-believer today. I will ask God for boldness to witness to someone about Jesus and the salvation found through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment