Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Way God Sees

I Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit. (ESV)

Paul is addressing the Corinthian church in this section on the reported misuse of spiritual gifts. In the last year and a half I have gone to a variety of different churches. Where I watched pastors claim things in the name of Jesus that were not true or biblical. Paul is saying with out the Holy Spirit for one to say “Jesus is Lord”, holds no meaning. God is not concerned with the outward appearance as man is, but with the inward condition of our heart. I Samuel 16:7 “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”” We should not be deceived by man, for although what he says may sound good its not always true. Test the spirits, and point every teaching back to the word of God to see if it holds biblical truth.

Application:

Today I will examine the condition and motive of my heart before engaging in any discussion concerning the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment