Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Greatest Gift of all: Love

I Corinthians 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers. I do not want you to be uninformed (ESV)

The expression “now concerning” introduces a reply to a question in the Corinthians letter, also seen in I Corn. 7:1, introducing another subject. Paul is addressing the Corinthians on the use of spiritual gifts, or misuse in this case. I think this chapter shows the importance of spiritual gifts and the proper use of them. To often today people are misusing these gifts with out there proper intention, for the building of the body of Christ. When taken out of context they can be unedifying to the body. We see in the bigger picture of the letter to the Corinthians with out love all gifts and good works are in vain, and are of no value in Gods sight.

Application:
I will take a spiritual gifts test in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment