Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ambassador for Christ

I Corinthians 12:11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills (ESV)

Often times we would like to think that our spiritual gifts are an outward expression of how good we are. I tend to take for granted the things God has gifted me with, even in using these gifts to bring glory to him. Deep down my prideful self is being gratified, forgetting that only through Christ am I able to carry them out. In the verse “all these” is referring to verses five through ten where Paul lists several different gifts of the spirit. Then he states that only by the Holy spirit are these gifts empowered. We do not decide what gifts we want and how we are going to use them. I realize I need to yield my gifts to the one who has given them to me. It is only once I do that when God will be able to use me.

Application:
In order to yield to God what is his, and to simply be an ambassador for what he has given me, I need to know more about the very character and nature of God. I will devote myself to the one year reading of the bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment