Monday, February 6, 2012

Still Small Voice

Acts 3:6 But Peter said, “I have no silver or gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” (ESV)

I think in order to understand the fullness of this verse we need to look back at the first two verses of this chapter. Peter and John were going to the temple at the hour of prayer, a task that they most likely did often. Which means they would have passed by the lame beggar, “whom was laid daily at the gate of the temple,” time and time again. So why did they stop this time, I believe it was an act of the spirit. An act that took faith on Peter’s part. A faith obtained only by an inward gazing at the Lord. What I get from this verse is an example of a man who has spent time with the Lord, who can hear his still small voice, who allows God to interrupt his daily routine to carry out an act of faith. I wonder how often we miss out on the opportunity of allowing the Lord to interrupt our busy schedules, to do a work through us. Reading further on in chapter three we see how the healing of the lame beggar opened the door for Peter and John to share the gospel.

Application:

Today I will listen for the still small voice of God. In order to assure this I will start my day off in devotion to the Lord. Psalm 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment