Monday, February 6, 2012

Right Hand of God

Acts 3:7 And  he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. (ESV)

Anytime the bible explains something in detail I think it holds a deeper meaning. What jumped out to me is that Peter took the lame beggar by the right hand. As I think about the right hand and what could be the deeper meaning within, I am reminded back to Peter’s sermon just one chapter earlier in Acts 2:25, he says, “I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken”. Again then in verse 32, “this Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has pored out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.” Maybe I’m looking way to deep into this, but if we see the very sermon Peter had just preached spoke of the raising of Jesus and therefore (because of that) he is exalted (elevated) at the right hand of God. So what does all this mean to me, I think Peter uses the right hand as a symbolic gesture, knowing that the Lord is always before him, at his right hand and for that he will not be shaken.

Application:

Do I trust God enough to do something radical for him, even if it seems impossible to accomplish? Today I will pray to God and ask him to give me the trust to not be shaken when he wants to use me for his glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment