Monday, February 6, 2012

All for His Glory

Acts 3:8 And leaping up he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God. (ESV)

I could not imagine what this moment must have been like for this man. Lame, his whole life, helpless of getting him self from point A to point B. He most likely had never entered the temple, but only seen it from the temple gate. And know here He is, walking and leaping through the temple praising God. If only we took our salvation the same way as the Lame man took this healing. We should be in a daily state of praise to God for his grace, the one who “redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103 4-5. It is easy to wake up and forget that God has done a miracle in you life just in giving you another day to walk in his grace. What I’m saying is don’t forget to give God praise were it is worthy, not just in the physical miracles, but in our daily blessings. Regardless we should be honoring him in all we do and giving him the glory through all our acts.

Application:
Today in my private prayer I will ask and remind God that every act I do is for his glory. Then supplement that prayer throughout the day by several prayers as I go about my daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment