Saturday, February 11, 2012

Eternal Business

John 8:35 The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever.

This verse is not saying much more to me then what is already stated. We know that one who denies what Jesus has done will not find eternal life. He will be living as a slave under the law. But if we accept Christ, and die with him, we will also in turn live with him. Romans 6:8-10, “We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again: death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.” I think Paul just said it all, death will come for the slave of sin, but Christ will set free those who die with him and they will inherit the eternal kingdom.

Application:
Today I will ask God to remove the blinders that my hardened heart has allowed to stay on. Then I will ask him to reveal sin that I am in bondage to. I know he does not want me to be enslaved, he is faithful and will give me a way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment