Monday, February 6, 2012

All the Sweeter

Acts 3:9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God (ESV)

This verse convicts me of one thing. Why do we wait on God to show up before we boldly claim him, praising him in a simple action like walking. This man got to taste a life without the freedom to get up and move. It brings me back to, you don’t know how good something truly is unless you have a sense of how bad your life was without it. This healing can parallel to every blessing in life. God allows us trials and struggles, loss of loved ones, loss of jobs, bankruptcy, emotional emptiness so that when we call on him and find he alone is enough, we cant help but praise his name. If we only tasted sweet fruit our who lives it would hold no meaning to us. It would just be the norm, but if you spent a whole life eating bitter fruit, then one day someone hands you the sweetest tasting apple you’ve ever had. How much more will that experience make it all the sweeter. God allowed me to taste the things in this world, things that I once though were sweet, until he called me to him, by his grace. On that day I realized how sweet his love really is, the things of this world that were once sweet suddenly turned to bitterness. Psalm 34:8 “oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!” I thank God daily for the things I went through because I know all the more of his goodness.

Application:
I will make a list of the things God has saved me from, the grace that he has extended into my life. Then when I am feeling like life couldn’t get any worse, I will be reminded of the sweetness of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment