Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's Clouding Your Judgement?

Proverbs 31:5 lest they drink and forget what has been decreed and pervert the rights of all the afflicted (ESV)

What the Lord is saying to me is, drink aside, what else am I allowing to alter my mind, distort my thinking or cloud my judgment. I know there is a lot of things I allow to influence my thoughts and actions, although they may not be as obvious as the act of drinking, nonetheless they are very much so present in my life. I can handle this fact, but what really gets to me about this verse is what’s said next. That these very things I am allowing to creep in are causing perversion toward others. This means I am leading those around me astray from the truth. The worst part is doing this to the afflicted. The very ones who need the truth in their life to set them free. That are held in bondage to the persistent suffering and anguish in their life.

Application:

I know the Lord wants to reveal to me the things I have allowed to creep in and distort my thinking. Today I will ask that he reveal this lie that besets me and in that give me a truth to conqueror it.

No comments:

Post a Comment