Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rejoice in the Truth

I Corinthians 13:6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth (ESV)

How many times am I guilty of not doing this. The first time I read this verse I knew right away how this was something I don’t do. One would think to see another brother succeed would bring joy to the heart. This is true, although I hardly ever walk in that truth. Usually when I see someone succeed in something automatically I turn to jealousy. Although as soon as they stumble automatically deep inside I find myself rejoicing. Why is this? I don’t know why I just know that is how I operate. What I do know is God has called me to walk in his love, free from the chains that have so many bound. This is a deep rooted sin, something that I have entertained way to long. God has already revealed this to me and I am in the process of learning how to walk in the freedom he has called me to live by.  God is showing me how to love my brothers and sisters in a whole new, I have daily asked him to help me see people as he sees them. Daily he is answering that prayer. I am seeing God using the successes in others to draw me closer to them. The very thing before that irked me deep down. He is teaching me how to rejoice when they do succeed, and show genuine compassion when things are not working out for them.

Application:
 I have been blessed and ministered to by each one of you since I have got here. By Friday I will write a letter to each intern here telling the different ways you have impacted my life since I have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment